Saturday, July 13, 2013

Bricks

I got up this morning with plans to do a brick workout (bike, then immediately run in preparation for triathlons)  before my wife and stepdaughter left for Nashville.

Once I was awake I had absolutely zero desire to get up and work out. So I took stock of myself. Was I injured? No. Have I been overdoing it? Did I need a rest day? No. Was I low on nutrition or water? Nope, and nope.

I was just low on motivation, so. . .

I got up, got my bike, put on my helmet, and rode 15 miles.

On returning to the house I mixed up a glass of gatorade, then realized. . .
I had zero desire to go on the run.

So I changed into my running shoes, grabbed my running buddy (Buddy the German Shepherd/Boxer) and went out the door and ran seven miles.

If you have a goal, whether it's a 5K, 10K 50K, or losing 5, 10, 50 pounds, or just having enough energy to get through the day, you've got to get up, get out there, and do whatever fitness program you've decided to do. If you honestly need a rest/recovery day, take it, then get back out there again. Just don't let your morning mood dictate your fitness plans.

3 comments: