Friday, May 2, 2014

Some Reasons I Exercise

The reasons I exercise boil down to a few simple statements.

1. Being strong fit and healthy feels good.

2. I want to live a longer, happier life.

3. I want to be able to do things that I could not do without my strength and fitness.

If that were all there was to this post it would be pretty dull, so here are some more memorable examples of the above. 


Reasons I Exercise.

For views like these. 
Also on our bike/run routes.
Somewhere on the country roads
my wife and I run and bike on.



Because this is miles off road. 
Some miles down a trail at Mammoth Cave National Park

Because starting lines are exciting places.
My wife's first marathon

For family adventures. 
Because nothing else makes a cold bottle of water feel this good. 

My first Olympic distance triathlon.
5 minutes shy of my goal time.


For winter trail runs with a 
beautiful woman. 
Trail running together at Mammoth Cave National Park




Because you never know when you'll have to escape from dinosaurs. 
Dinosaur World!

Or zombies. 
BRAINS!
To be around for more birthdays. 
My daughter's fifth.
And more Christmases. 





Because pushing past what I thought my limits were 
is an incredible feeling.


For details on my first Ultra-Marathon, click here.

And because I'd like to be able to keep up with her for a few more years.


No comments:

Post a Comment