Monday, June 30, 2014

Words From My Wife

My wife is training for the "Atomic Man" triathlon. This is a half distance triathlon in Tennessee, 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike ride, and 13.1 mile run. She wrote this and sent it to me. She was also gracious enough to let me share it here.



Top Ten Perks from Training  for The Atomic Man Triathlon

10. I can eat and enjoy WHATEVER and WHENEVER I want without concern of over fueling. Cereal at midnight is crucial.
9. I truly enjoy the look of shock on people's faces when I tell them how many miles I did or am doing. I hate to admit it, but I really do.
8. Running so long, I get to watch the sun set after a scorching summer day and give way to cool breezes rustling over sun baked, wheat fields.
7. Swimming a mile in cool water and peeking at the moon after each breath.
6. Traveling from county to county on my bike to notice what can never be seen in a car, such as turkey feathers for Emma, potential bonsai trees for Steven, and a turtle in a stream below the bridge for Jordan.
5. Realizing each day that people are CRAZY not to reach for their full potential, and they think I am the crazy one.
4. Profoundly shocked each day that I can do so much more both physically and mentally than I ever allowed myself to imagine, and so can everyone else, if we just embrace effort and give up the illusion that a couch and internet will bring happiness.
3. I am so stinking STRONG thanks to my fabulous coach, Steven O'Nan.
2. Sharing the experience with Jordan, Steven, and Emma.
1. Listening to Emma describe what it feels like to ride the bike she just mastered because she wants to do what we do: "You know...it's all smooth and balanced and smooth and peaceful."

Yes, it is Emma.


No comments:

Post a Comment