Monday, October 21, 2013

Inspired by the Runners.

First of all, you guys and girls that finished the 10K Classic in Bowling Green in under 30 minutes, that is awesome, I am inspired by all your hard work and accomplishments in the field of running. I, however, am more inspired by some other people at the race that day.

The woman who ran the 10K after recovering from a brain tumor, she inspires me. The folks who ran the 5K that day who have never run a 5K before. The woman who finished the 5K near the back of the pack, who gritted her teeth and ran just a little faster when her daughter yelled, "Go Momma, I'm so proud of you." The girl who raced in a wheelchair, not one of those nice racing wheelchairs, an ordinary wheelchair that may have never been intended to go that fast.

I am sure there are people who ran this 5K and 10K race that one year ago were living a sedentary lifestyle and decided to get off their couches and take charge of their health.

Those are the ones who inspire me.

No comments:

Post a Comment